Virtual Library Sessions (with Zoom)
My name is Trevor Haugh and I am the Information Skills Librarian at DBS. I provide tuition and support with the retrieval and handling of information. What I can help you with if you require it is how to use information for your academic work namely:
- Evaluating Information - How to decide if the information found freely on the web is an academic source or not.
- Finding Information - How to search and retrieve information from the databases that the college subscribes to.
- Applying Information - How to incorporate the information found into assignments via direct quotes, summarising and paraphrasing.
- Acknowledging Information - How to reference the information used in assignments and how to avoid plagiarism.
If you feel that the supports above outlined by me would be of benefit to you please feel free to contact me and we can arrange an online one-to-one session
The following are links to our online library classes and reference guides https://libguides.dbs.ie/library-classes-online and https://libguides.dbs.ie/skills/referencing. These guides may provide some assistance in your research.
The following is a short video which provides instructions on downloading Zoom for a session.
- 12:00pm - 1:00pm
- Time Zone:
- UK, Ireland, Lisbon Time (change)